19 January 2012

Room Project Day 2

Day 2 was yesterday actually. I wanted to update butttttt I got carried away with talking to my cousin that just came from Canada! 

Initially I drew straight on the ply wood thinking that it will be fine to paint immediately on the wood. Boy, was I wrong! 

See? I painted the 1st calla lily. And then I realised, it's ugly. I could still see the patterns and colour of the wood after painting. Only then I realised, I needed base coat for my wood. How smart? I know.

Went out to buy base coat. Wasted more money coz when I came home, I realised the painters in my house also have a lot of wood base. meh!

After 1st coat.

While I could still see the drawings after the 1st coat, I did another outline of my drawing.

After 2nd coat. In this picture, you can't really see the drawing. But I can see! 

Painting the 1st calla lily, again!

After all the shading and stuff.

2nd calla lily! I realised one thing. This painting is so big, It doesnt look good from near distance at all. oh well!


From another angle...

Can you see the white calla lily behind the colourful one?

I'm pretty excited about this project, really. I've never done anything at this scale. So it's really a lot of fun for me. I wish I had a chance to attend art classes coz if I did, I would be so much better in this! So let's see how this turns out, shall we?

2 comments:

  1. It's exciting! I would like to be painting something too! I think your colourful lily is prettyful! :]

    And as per my previous comment on your previous post, did you move?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banzie! Yeah i sorta moved. Still got stuff in Old hse. But we already sold the old hse. Heheh. And it's squinted! I think. @_@

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Which flag are you?

free counters

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...