19 August 2011

Nike Warehouse Sale August 2011 @Sunway Damansara Technology Park

So, there was a #Nike #warehouse sale at Sunway Damansara Technology Park. Details are as follows:-


Venue: No 26 & 28 Jalan PJU 3/46, Sunway Damansara Technology Park Petaling Jaya

Date: 16 – 21 Aug 2011

Time: 11am – 8pm

I went with Jason today. I was hoping to find something I'd need. In other words, I was ready to spend my money. (and honestly, whenever I am ready to spend money, most of the time I end up not spending on ANYTHING at all. awesome, isnt it?)

Honestly, I was really disappointed. Here are the reasons.

1) No air-conditioning. I know it's cheaper and all to use an OPEN space. But if you really want your customers to buy more of your products, you should at least provide an environment that ENCOURAGES shoppers to keep shopping without getting annoyed. It's hot. It's humid. It's crowded.

2) Not systematic. It was SO MESSY. They MIXED mens/womens/girls/boys clothing all into one LONG PILE of clothes. So, 1, they expect customers to shop happily without air-cond AND dig through every single pile of clothes. Can't they at least organize the clothes according to categories??? I mean, it'll be easier for customers AND employees! When or if customers ask their staff for something, at least they would know which pile belongs to what. but nooooo. They're just too lazy so everything just goes into one huge pile.

 
Like I said, ONE LONG PILE. oh btw, the bag choices are not bad. That's the only positive thing I can say about the sale.

3) 95% of the remaining clothes were for men. Either the women that went yesterday already bought everything or their target customers are just men for this warehouse sale. Or do they expect women to just wear men's clothes?

4) Shoes were stacked like crazy. Yes, of course it's partially customers' fault. But if you had good staff and good system, you wouldnt even have that problem in the 1st place. I saw this poor OLD LADY digging for shoes BOX AFTER BOX because all the shoes were just randomly stacked. She was looking for her daughter's size. And all the shoes were stacked on the ground. Nike, do you not know that it's easier to get shoes if they were at least eye level??

 
If you zoom in closely into the picture, u'll see that all the shoes are different styles. If you're desperate, then u'll have to just dig out each box and open it up to see what kind of shoes they were. But it was so stuffy and hot, I couldnt be bothered.

Shoes stacked on the ground.

So, what I've observed here is, if you want your customers to buy more stuff, provide a conducive environment for shoppers. They need to be happy and relaxed in order to induce more sales and purchase. If you wanna be kiamsiap (stingy) with your electricity/rental bills, then expect unhappy customers like me. I bet your staff were annoyed with the weather too. And the amount of re-arranging they have to do. hahaha. All the best.

It's a shame coz there were really some GREAT bargains. Too bad, I was too annoyed so in the end I've just decided to save my money and go get some fresh air. But then again, what is my money to Nike? Just a small amount of money wont affect their sales. I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Which flag are you?

free counters

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...