31 December 2013

How was your 2013?

This year I decided to take a "gap year" for myself. I had to push for many things to make my gap year fulfilling. I must say, sometimes I feel that I've not achieved much. But when I reflect on the things I've done, I surprised myself.

This was my 2013...

was hurt by someone I trusted. Many were supportive and caring in that period of time. Thank you.


graduated with First Class Honours of Business and Commerce in Monash University; GPA 4.0 and Best Thesis Award. Thankful for my family.



went to America to work and travel; visited many places, met many amazing people. [this was indeed the highlight of my year]







taught myself to ride a bicycle and fell on my second attempt of riding on a trail. Didn't know riding bicycle is so painful on the buttocks.





sang a cheesy song in Times Square New York City. Just couldn't resist.



ran and fell because the Golden Arches distracted me



ran a 5k race and got a medal



was awarded at work as Favourite Cashier



jumped off a plane with a stranger at 12500 ft




conquered many world-class rollercoasters. The art of riding a rollercoaster is simply to relax, scream and laugh.




watched fireworks at the Disney castle instead of seeing it on tv



gained 5kg in 5 months of being in America by doing this 6 days a week #win













went to a pumpkin patch and embraced halloween culture



travelled alone and met very lovely people



got 8th place in a 8km race in Melaka



got job offers and picked one

finally managed to do double unders! (After 1 year of trying)


sang to my heart's content in December with great musicians.






I look back at my 2013 and I can see how truly blessed I am. Meeting the right and wrong kind of people made me realize what kind of friends will build me or cause me to stumble. If I were to benchmark my achievements against others, I would never be happy because there will always be someone who is better than me out there. But when I focus on myself and see all that I've succeeded and failed in, I deserve a pat on my shoulder.

With that, I close 2013 and welcome 2014 with head held high, arms spread wide. Hope you had a great 2013 as well. 

To 2014! 




-Me-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Which flag are you?

free counters

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...